A short and sweet “Monthly” this time around. Lots of changes on the horizon for me, including new work. Reviews will still come, probably at about the same rate, maybe slower, though this may be the last thing I put on the blog until the end of the month. My goal is always to write more, but coming home from one eight hour job and jumping right into another that requires an equal amount of hard work (or more) can be tiring.
Expect more, but smaller posts, and maybe a series of much briefer reviews to help get through all the amazing music that’s coming out this year (or that has already been out for awhile).
Links to my favorite sites for reviews and information can now be found in the sidebar. You can always find good info at Brainwashed.com, Dusted, Just Outside, and All Music Guide, and samples are available virtually everywhere. Forced Exposure and Boomkat are good places to go if you’re looking for the more obscure stuff.
As always, formats posted are the ones I own. Further record-buying resources can be found in the sidebar as well.
- Carl Hultgren, Tomorrow on BLUE FLEA (CD)
- Windy & Carl, I Walked Alone/At Night on BLUE FLEA (7″)
- Good Area, Cubic Zirconia/Bad Karlshafen on KYE (7″)
- Fennesz, Bécs on EDITIONS MEGO (CD)
- COH, To Beat on EDITIONS MEGO (CD)
- Coppice, Vantage/Cordoned on CADUC. (CD)
- Venetian Snares, Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding on PLANET MU (CD)
- Photek, Risc vs Reward on ASTRALWERKS (CD)
- Marcus Schmickler & Julian Rohrhuber, Politiken der Frequenz on EDITIONS MEGO/TOCHNIT ALEPH (MP3)
- Jason Lescalleet, Electronic Music on RRR (LP)
- Jason Lescalleet, Much to My Demise on KYE (LP)
- Robert Beatty, Soundtracks for Takeshi Murata on GLISTENING EXAMPLES (LP)
- Kyle Bobby Dunn, … and the Infinite Sadness on STUDENTS OF DECAY (MP3)
- Ambarchi/O’Malley/Dunn, Shade Themes from Kairos on DRAG CITY (MP3)
- Wen, Signals on KEYSOUND RECORDINGS (MP3)
- Angus MacLise, The Cloud Doctrine on SUB ROSA (2CD)
- Kuupuu, Sous Juju on EM RECORDS (2CD)
- Loren Connors, Night Through: Singles and Collected Works 1976-2004 on FAMILY VINEYARD (3CD)
- Jack Rose, Kensington Blues on VHF RECORDS (LP)
- Shirley Collins, Sweet England on FLEDG’LING RECORDS (CD)
- The Clean, Anthology on MERGE (2CD)