Thirteen records stood out for me last month. Only one is from January 2013 (Dilloway/Drumm). Reviews of the Hearing Metal discs and Nate Wooley’s The Almond are forthcoming. Along with the Pran Nath album on Just Dreams and I Drink Your Skin, those were the albums I listened to the most. I’m still sorting through the Wandelweiser set too, which is amazing but hard to sum up. Make sure to check out the reviews posted for that title. Lots of great information there.
As always, formats posted are the ones I own. Others may be available. If you like any of the samples I link to, please buy the album. You can find numerous retailers carrying these titles at the bottom of this page.
- Pandit Pran Nath, Midnight/Raga Malkauns on JUST DREAMS (2CD)
- Aaron Dilloway/Kevin Drumm, I Drink Your Skin on HANSON (CD)
- Kevin Drumm, Imperial Horizon on HOSPITAL PRODUCTIONS (CD)
- Michael Pisaro, Hearing Metal 2/Hearing Metal 3 on GRAVITY WAVE (CD)
- Nate Wooley, The Almond on POGUS (CD)
- Christian Wolff, Ten Exercises on NEW WORLD RECORDS (CD)
- Jacob Kirkegaard, 4 Rooms on TOUCH (CD)
- Various Artists, Wandelweiser und so weiter on ANOTHER TIMBRE (6CD)
- Howard Stelzer, Bond Inlets on INTRANSITIVE RECORDINGS (CD)
- Horaţiu Rădulescu, Streichquartett Nr. 4 Opus 33 (Arditti String Quartet) on EDITION RZ (CD)
- Horaţiu Rădulescu, Clepsydra/Astray on EDITION RZ (LP)
- Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy, Now Here’s My Plan on DRAG CITY (12″ EP)