Here we go with the November list. Most magazines and digital publications are already publishing their favorite records of the year, or are at least setting the stage for their “best-of” list.
My year end review won’t show up until after the new year, as there are numerous releases from 2013 that I’d still like to hear, plus I’m not terribly inclined to rank things , so I’ve been doing very little calculation about what I’ve liked better. You can always look over my lists from the past months to get a sense of where my ears have been lately.
As for the records below, links to my favorite sites for reviews and information are found at the bottom of the page. You can always find good info at Brainwashed.com, Just Outside, and All Music Guide, and samples are available virtually everywhere. Forced Exposure and Boomkat places are good places to go looking for the more obscure stuff.
Formats posted are the ones I own; others may be available. If you like any of the samples I link to, please buy the album. You can find numerous retailers carrying these titles at the bottom of this page.
- Graham Labmkin/Jason Lescalleet, Photographs on ERSTWHILE (2CD)
- Graham Labmkin/Jason Lescalleet, Air Supply on ERSTWHILE (CD)
- Graham Labmkin/Jason Lescalleet, The Breadwinner on ERSTWHILE (CD)
- Jason Lescalleet, This Is What I Do Vol. 1 on GLISTENING EXAMPLES (CD)
- Kevin Drumm, Earrach on SELF-RELEASED (2CD)
- Songs: Ohia, The Magnolia Electric Co. (10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) on SECRETLY CANADIAN (2CD)
- Songs: Ohia, Didn’t It Rain on SECRETLY CANADIAN (CD)
- Magnolia Electric Co., Trials & Errors on SECRETLY CANADIAN (2LP)
- Loren Connors, Hell’s Kitchen Park on ENABLING WORKS (LP)
- Bob Dylan, Bringing It All Back Home on COLUMBIA (CD)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Electric Ladyland on REPRISE (CD+DVD)