I listened to more techno in May than I did in the previous four months combined. The new Miles EP started it and Plastikman kept it going. Three records doesn’t sound like much, but for me it’s a virtual flood.
There’s a few carry overs from last month, and besides the Miles records, just three new releases; two are reissues and two are Jason Molina related. Of them, the Anonymous record on Machu Picchu got the most play.
As always, formats posted are the ones I own. Others may be available. If you like any of the samples I link to, please buy the album. You can find numerous retailers carrying these titles at the bottom of this page.
- Miles, Faint Hearted on MODERN LOVE (2LP)
- Miles, Unsecured on MODERN LOVE (12″)
- Plastikman, Kompilation on MINUS/PLASTIKPRODUKT (CD)
- Anonymous, Inside the Shadow on MACHU PICCHU (LP)
- Songs: Ohia, Hecla & Griper (15th Anniversary Edition) on SECRETLY CANADIAN (LP)
- Various Artists, Weary Engine Blues on GRAVEFACE RECORDS (2CD)
- this is Graveface’s tribute album for Jason Molina
- the CD is sold out, but you can still buy the MP3 version
- all profits go directly to Jason’s family
- you can preview it on Bandcamp
- Songs: Ohia, Impala on SECRETLY CANADIAN (CD)
- Fairport Convention, Liege & Lief on 4 MEN WITH BEARDS (LP)