A much delayed October listing, and an abbreviated one, which will probably be the norm from now on. I’m focusing more on writing reviews, with three finished and waiting to be published, three more in the works, and hopefully some interviews too.
Links to my favorite sites for reviews and information are found at the bottom of the page. You can always find good info at Brainwashed.com, Just Outside, and All Music Guide, and samples are available virtually everywhere. Forced Exposure and Boomkat places are good places to go looking for the more obscure stuff.
From now on I’ll only link to the labels here, and put more effort into making shorter posts about my favorite records throughout the month.
As always, formats posted are the ones I own. Others may be available. If you like any of the samples I link to, please buy the album. You can find numerous retailers carrying these titles at the bottom of this page.
- FKA Twigs, EP2 on YOUNG TURKS (LP)
- Antoine Beuger/Michael Pisaro, This Place/Is Love on ERSTWHILE (CD)
- Annette Krebs/Taku Unami, Motubachii on ERSTWHILE (CD)
- Graham Lambkin/Jason Lescalleet, The Breadwinner on ERSTWHILE (CD)
- Various Artists, Weary Engine Blues: A Tribute to Jason Molina on GRAVEFACE (2CD)
- Joe McPhee, Nation Time on ATAVISTIC (CD)
- Evan Parker & Joe McPhee, What/If/They Both Could Fly on RUNE GRAMMOFON (CD)
- Albert Ayler, Nuits de la Fondation Maeght 1970 on WATER (CD)
- The Stranger, Watching Dead Empires in Decay on MODERN LOVE (CD)
- Jessika Kenney & Eyvind Kang, The Face of the Earth on IDEOLOGIC ORGAN (LP)
- Moniek Darge, Sounds of Sacred Places on KYE (CD)
- Graham Lambkin, Abersayne/Attersaye on KYE (7″)
- Kevin Drumm, Humid Weather on SELF-RELEASED (CD)