Below is a link to the WZBC Archives where you can listen to my September 15th radio show broadcast on WZBC 90.3 FM. This link will remain active until September 29th, at which point the audio will disappear and a new show with new music will take its place. I will not be uploading MP3s.
Besides a few technical goofs on my part, everything went smoothly. Finding a way to present some of the longer pieces of music in a two hour slot is one of the challenges I’ll have to think more about, because using short excerpts just wasn’t good enough, especially with recordings like Asleep, Street, Pipes, Tones. I’ll either have to plan exactly which segments I want to use in advance (and stick to them, no matter the duration), or I’ll have to select shorter pieces better suited to radio programming. The show will be a little better organized next time.
Links to labels are provided in the playlist. Any questions or requests, send me an email. Much of this music is still in print and available from the stores, shops, and distributors listed at the bottom of this page.
Thanks for listening.
- Autechre , “Pen Expers” from Confield (2001) on WARP
- Helm, “Silencer” from Silencer EP (2013) on PAN
- Bruce Gilbert and BAW, “Rest/Reflection” from Diluvial (2013) on TOUCH
- David Sylvian, “Manafon” from Manafon (2009) on SAMADHI SOUND
- Tod Dockstader, “Water Music” from Dockstader: Quatermass (1992) on STARKLAND
- Philippe Lamy, “Une Autre Couche” from Drop Diary (2013) on MYSTERY SEA
- Kevin Drumm, “Earrach A (excerpt)” from Earrach (2013) on RECREATIONAL PANICK/BANDCAMP
- Bellows “Untitled 6” from Reelin’ (2013) on HOLIDAYS RECORDS
- Nmperign/Jason Lescalleet, “The Mystery Disease That Haunts My Town” from Love Me Two Times (2006) on INTRANSITIVE
- Howard Stelzer, “Bond Inlets 2 (excerpt)” from Bond Inlets (2008) on INTRANSITIVE
- Graham Lambkin, “The Currency of Dreams” from Salmon Run (2007) on KYE
- Michael Pisaro “Asleep, Street, Pipes, Tones (excerpt)” from Asleep, Street, Pipes, Tones (2011) on GRAVITY WAVE
- Keith Rowe/Günter Müller/Taku Sugimoto “Phase Two (excerpt)” from The World Turned Upside Down (2000) on ERSTWHILE