Autechre’s Exai and a surprise reissue of Gila’s Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee top my favorite records for February 2013. The list is short this month as most of my attention was focused on a few releases—including the Wandelweiser set on Another Timbre and the Autechre EP box set—but a ton of new music is on the way, including four new Editions Mego LPs, a new series from Erstwhile called ErstAEU, a re-issue of Michael Pisaro’s Tombstones project, and the fourth part of Jakob Ullmann’s Fremde Zeit Addendum, which is actually available now. I just don’t have a copy yet. Ullmann also happens to be featured in the latest issue of Wire Magazine.
As always, formats posted are the ones I own. Others may be available. If you like any of the samples I link to, please buy the album. You can find numerous retailers carrying these titles at the bottom of this page.
- Autechre, Exai on WARP RECORDS (2CD)
- Autechre, EPs 1991 – 2002 on WARP RECORDS (5CD)
- Gila, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee on GARDEN OF DELIGHTS (LP)
- Iannis Xenakis, GRM Works 1957-1962 on RECOLLECTION GRM (LP)
- Muslimgauze, Satyajit Eye on STAALPLAAT (CD)
- Rashied Ali Quartet, New Directions in Modern Music on KLIMT (LP)
- Nate Wooley, The Almond on POGUS (CD)
- Various Artists, Wandelweiser und so weiter on ANOTHER TIMBRE (6CD)